MagiKeys is a unique software application that allows millions of Government school students to surf the web, email, chat and write documents in their mother tongue. It supports 11 Indian languages, namely Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, Punjabi, Urdu, Telugu, Bengali and Konkani.
EducompTM MagiKeys provides a user-friendly, Indian language, Online Word Processor, with virtual keyboard. The dynamic virtual keyboard provides the first comprehensive Indian languages data entry tool. It includes features like a Web Based Editor, quick e-mail creator, over 3000 different letters and combinations in 11 Indian languages.
India is a multilingual country with 18 formal languages. These 18 languages use 10 different scripts and include hundreds of different characters. It is virtually impossible to arrange Indian languages characters over regular keyboards (too many characters). As a consequence, Indian language keyboards are not available.
According to a market research conducted by Frost & Sullivan, less than 10% of Indians can read or write English; therefore the vast majority is prevented from using computers. Lack of keyboards for Indian languages have therefore prevented majority of Indians from using the web, sending emails, chatting, online shopping and basic word processing.
- The only visual keyboard providing all characters and lingual combinations (dynamically changed!) of Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, Bengali, Malayalam, Punjabi, Konkani and Sanskrit.
- Web based word editor: Enables creation of online documents in 11 Indian languages!
- The only comprehensive Indian languages word editor package.
- Powerful tool to improve typing capabilities in Indian languages.
- Simple mouse click typing! Quick emails creator in Indian Languages. Authentic, comprehensive, user- friendly, dynamic Indian- languages virtual keyboard.
MagiKeys has been developed by Israel based software company FTK Technologies Ltd and will be introduced to government schools in the country in collaboration with EducompTM. This initiative is being supported by Intel.